If you are interested in writing a blog for the Southern Responses to Displacement project please send a message outlining your idea to Sorcha Daly on email@example.com
We encourage submissions from anyone interested in contributing to our website. However, submissions should be directly related to issues surrounding displacement from Syria.
Themes that are of particular interest to this blog include:
- diverse models of Southern-led responses to conflict-induced displacement;
- the (un)official motivations, nature and implications of Southern-led responses;
- refugees’ experiences, perceptions and conceptualisations of Southern-led responses, including whether refugees from Syria conceptualise these responses ‘as’ humanitarian in nature (or, for instance, as politically or ideologically motivated);
- diverse Southern and Northern actors’ perceptions of Southern-led responses;
- the implications of Southern-led initiatives for humanitarian theory and practice.
Submissions are encouraged in a variety of formats, languages and styles including creative submissions, such as poetry, creative writings, photographs and podcasts.
We expect written submissions to not exceed 800 – 1200 words in length. We encourage authors to adopt an engaging and accessible style in their writing given this project’s interest in reaching out to a wider audience.
For further information regarding submitting a blog to the Southern Responses to Displacement project contact Sorcha Daly, Project and Communications Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: Hamra CW Workshop, April 2018. (c) E. Fiddian-Qasmiyeh, 2018